Cohort 2 kickoff Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022, 12:30-1:30 p.m., CDT
Cohort 2 webinars will be held from 12:30-1:30 on the second Wednesday of each month
Feb. 9, Mar. 9, Apr. 13, May 11, Jun. 8, and Jul. 13
A high reliability organization (HRO) is defined as an organization that has maintained high levels of safety, quality, and efficiency over an extended period. The concept of high reliability is growing in health care, due to the complexity of operations and the risk of significant consequences when failures occur. However, the five principles of high reliability go beyond standardization:
- preoccupation with failure
- reluctance to simplify
- sensitivity to operations
- commitment to resilience
- deference to expertise
High reliability organizations cultivate resilience by relentlessly prioritizing safety over other performance pressures. Becoming a high reliability organization will undoubtedly improve safety within your organization and improve all other areas of performance as well. This interactive, virtual cohort of the HRO academy will help hospitals and health systems learn about the components of high reliability organizations (HRO) and leadership’s role and key strategies for success. The cohort will also work through the new MHA HRO road map and offer opportunities to network with peers who are also on their HRO journey.
This six-month academy will include monthly webinars with your cohort, hospital-specific technical assistance, and road map benchmarking data.
- HRO characteristics, principles, skills, and behaviors
- Key strategies for success along your HRO journey
- Mindfulness of decisions and actions using HRO theory
- Leadership activities that manifest High Reliability in practice
- Reliably identify at-risk patients and escalate risks until the patient is safe
MHA faculty will guide you through the MHA High Reliability Organization road map and provide tools and resources that compliment your organization’s specific needs. The goal of the academy is to progress your work towards becoming a HRO through the following strategies:
- Complete the HRO road map to identify gaps and develop an action plan
- Design reliable, standardized systems that support staff decisions, opportunities for feedback, ongoing learning, and change
- Practice managing by prediction and having robust plans in place for the expected and the unexpected
- Review benchmarking data to monitor improvement
- Share success/challenges and lessons learned with cohort colleagues
- Network with peers and colleagues who are on the HRO journey
- Report out on key accomplishments and next steps
Who should attend
Hospital and health system leaders, quality and safety department staff and any hospital or health system employee interested in learning and networking on the journey toward becoming a high reliability organization.
Includes six 1 hour monthly webinars and is priced per hospital team.
- $250 early-bird rate per member hospital or Superior Health Quality Alliance Hospital for Cohort 2 registration by Jan. 1
- $350 per member hospital or Superior Health Quality Alliance Hospital for Cohort 2 registration after Jan. 1
Registration fee, less a $50 cancellation fee, are refundable if notice is received by Jan. 26. No-shows will be billed.
Please register by 5 p.m. on Feb. 2 for Cohort 2 to ensure timely delivery of access instructions.
Approximately four business days before the web conference, you will receive an email that contains instructions on how to connect. Advance registration is required to ensure delivery of instructional materials.
If you do not receive an email prior to the program with web conference details, please contact Jenny Schoenecker at Contact Us to confirm your registration.